One question men often ask, mostly to themselves but sometimes in relationship forums on the internet, is, “Is it okay for me to be in a relationship with a much younger woman?” If the relationship is consensual, then the answer is yes, of course. Older men looking for younger women know the answer, but they just want to make sure that the prevailing opinion is not against them.
Older men dating younger women is nothing new. It’s been happening since ancient days. Julius Caesar gave his teenage daughter in marriage to his friend (and later enemy) Pompey, who was thirty years older than her. Pompey was besotted by her charm and beauty and she, on her part, was madly in love with him. Sadly, their love story came to an end when she died at a young age.
Later, Caesar himself fell madly in love with Queen Cleopatra of Egypt, who was 31 years younger than him. Had he not been assassinated, she would have probably ruled the Roman Empire by his side. Cleopatra later fell in love with and married Marc Antony, who was 14 years her senior.
History is replete with examples of older men falling madly in love with much younger women and the women reciprocating their love. Today, older men younger women relationship are much more common and socially accepted than it used to be in the past. From your average Joe to celebrity couples, no one is afraid of flaunting their age gap relationship.
If you are interested in exploring a relationship with young girls looking for older men, but are not sure what other people would say, then here are 12 famous men that you can take as your inspiration.
- Actor Hugh Jackman of the X-Men fame is 13 years older than his wife Deborra-Lee Furness
- Pop and Jazz singer Tony Bennett is 40 years older than his former school teacher wife Susan Crow
- Rolling Stones singer and songwriter Mick Jagger is 43 years older than his wife Melanie Hamrick
- Actor Ryan Reynolds is 11 years older than his actress wife Blake Lively
- Rapper and businessman Jay Z is 12 years older than his equally famous singer wife Beyonce.
- Actor Michael Douglas is 25 years older than his equally famous actress wife Catherine Zeta-Jones.
- Actor Harrison Ford is 23 years older than his actress wife Calista Flockhart.
- Octogenarian publisher, businessman and playboy Hugh Hefner is 60 years older than his model wife Crystal Harris.
- Actor Jason Statham is 20 years older than his model and actress wife Rosie Huntington-Whitley.
- Actor, writer, filmmaker and musician Woody Allen is 35 years older than his wife Soon-Yi Previn.
- Actor Warren Beatty is 21 years older than his actress wife Annette Bening.
- Actor Bruce Willis is 23 years older than his model and actress wife Emma Heming.
There are many more such examples. One common thing about all these couples is that they are deliriously happy with each other despite their hug age gap. Most of them have been together for many years. So if you really love someone and want to be with her, then don’t let age gap stand in the way of your happiness. No matter how old you are, it is okay to be in a relationship with a younger woman.